Tips for re-filling Printer Cartridges
1. If you have never refilled a printer cartridge before always start with a refill kit. Our kits will include full instructions of how to refill your particular ink cartridge; if you are not successful then it has not been a great expense to you
2. Never let your ink cartridges dry out. It is always best to refill them when their is a small amount of ink left in them, this way you are not letting the print head dry up. If your cartridge has dried up the best solution for unblocking them is to use the dead head recovery fluid in a saucer and soak over night
3. Refill in batches if possible. Testing cartridges for future use
4. Always have a spare ink cartridge that works
5. Do not purchase large amounts of ink, unless you are confident of the process and the results
6. Black cartridges are easier to refill than coloured cartridges
7. Never over fill ink cartridges
8. Don't refill ink cartridges in a rush, and don't rely on refilling to meet important deadlines
9. Always remove the cartridge from your printer before attempting to refill.
10. Take precautions to avoid spills
11. Never put the ink cartridge in the printer if it is leaking.
12. Keep empty ink cartridges, and ones that you have refilled in a sealed plastic bag or cling film.
If you have any questions about refilling - Please feel free to Email any queries you have to
The above instructions are general instructions. For individual cartridge instructions on using and getting the best from our quality refill kits; please click on a specific link on the Inkjet Cartridge Refilling Instructions page that relates to your cartridge.